Monday, September 26, 2011

LDS Conference Weekend.. Here it comes

The other day Spencer says,"Mom, I am so excited for conference.  I LOVE conference!!"  I said, "I'm excited too buddy, how come are you excited."  He says, "because we get to eat lots of treats!"  Not the answer I thought I would receive but at least my 6 year old is excited about Conference.  I too am so excited for the LDS Conference, where we can sit and listen to words from our Heavenly Father through his mouth piece, our Prophet and Apostles.  We really try to hype Conference up in our house and have a family home evening about the Prophet King Benjamin and how the people all set up their tents and come and listen to the prophet speak.  We usually set up a tent, although I'm not sure that is going to be happening this year, since last time they about ruined it.  We will probably just make a tent out of blankets and such.  Here is a link to what we did in April that really made Conference mean a lot to my family, even if it was just the treats.  This time we are going to be making Carmel Popcorn, and if we can summarize the talk and apply it to our lives then we can have some Carmel popcorn, which I don't know if my kids have ever even had before. I'm going to print off these pages for my kids to do during conference, to help them remember each talk.  I think I might even print me off one so I can remember the feelings I had during each talk.

I'm so grateful to belong to a church where we can sit and listen to what our Heavenly Father wants us to hear, and we can pray before hand and he will answer our prayers through conference.  This past month our family has been praying for something we need and I'm so excited as we all listen to Conference to hear the answer our Heavenly Father wants us to hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment