Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bad Storm

On Sunday, July 31st, Spencer really wanted to go out in the garden as soon as we got home from church.  He was very persistent that we needed to go out right then, and finally told us "we need to go before it rains"  We went out in the garden and watched this storm come in.  It looked nasty even far away.
 It finally started dumping down and we all enjoyed watching it for about 3 minutes and then the wind started blowing the rain in the house.  It was soon just absolutely crazy, with the wind blowing like crazy and the rain coming down hard.
 The kids and  I started going from the front to the back in awe of how hard it was raining.
 Brooke hadn't been around for a little while and I finally went out our other door, and he was just standing there staring at this.  I was mortified.  Our beautiful corn was completely blown over.  (I spent 2 hours the next day standing it back up and packing mud against each stalk.
 Spencer ran down our driveway to see the 'flood' coming down the road.  All of our gravel got washed away.
 We jumped in the car to go see if it was flooding anywhere.  We came to this mountain.  I love these waterfalls, that are never there.  It's amazing to see the power of water.

 These horses looked so pretty in this water.  This is usually dry.
 The rocks over by calf creek looked incredible during this rainstorm.  I love the dark sky against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment