Here in Escalante the 24th of July is HUGE!!! They have a bike parade for the kids. The kids all cruise down on their bikes on Main Street. I was also on my bike and was trying to figure out how I was going to get to where my kids ended up, since Brooke had to go hook onto the float he was pulling. Anyway, I finally decided just to ride my bike in the bike parade also. It was kind of exhilarating to ride down main street cruising. The kids loved it.
After the bike parade we tried to find a place to watch the real parade. The kids obviously didn't like the loud fire trucks.
The boys were trying to find any shade they could. A power pole's shade works. Brooke pulled the Young Men/Young Women's float so he had Solayna with him. The youth all gave her candy so she was loving it.
The fire trucks came back by and sprayed their water everywhere. The kids ran up there but weren't to sure about getting wet.
Shianne did the talent show and sang, "When will my life begin" She was so scared but did it. I was so proud of her. To listen to clips go here.
Afterwards we went down to the park and the kids played on the inflatables and raced. We had such a fun time enjoying the beautiful outdoors and celebrating
Solayna was completely exhausted that night, and fell asleep on Shianne out on the "rocket rider" It was a busy day for her and she didn't want to take a nap, so she missed out on the fireworks.
We watched the fire works out on our back lawn. It was so nice to be able to see them from our house. The kids all cuddled up next to Brooke and I. I had Sam and Shianne under each of my arms, and Brooke had Spencer on his lap watching them. It was so awesome to be home with my favorite people right next to me.
Wow it sounds like fun! We'll have to keep that in mind for next year :)
ReplyDelete