This year I was asked to be a "unit leader" for Girls Camp, which is a 3 1/2 day camp with the young woman from our stake. I love Girls Camp and the spirit that is always there. I was with the 3 year girls and they had to do a 5 mile hike. The hike was so much fun and gorgeous. I loved being there with the other leaders and talking. These are the 2 and 3 year girls.
The theme for this year was "believe it and Rock it" 50's theme. We each had a song from the 50's that was our individual camp's theme. Cassie and I had Rock around the clock. We decorated with clocks and talked about believing the gospel around the clock. We had a "sock hop' and each of us had to decorate our socks and show them off that night while doing a dance to our song. Well, our song turned out to be a LOT faster than we had practiced so we all just laughed. Cassie is on the left and I'm right next to her laughing since we knew our WHOLE dance was NOT going to work.
For our special speaker we had Micheal McClean. He is an LDS music composer, and he was so fantastic. He had us laughing and crying and truly feeling the spirit.
I can't put into words all my feelings that I had at Girls Camp, but I can say that while there I once again felt my Heavenly Fathers love for me so strongly and that each of us are children of God. I can't tell you how often I felt this while there. I also know that my Savior lived and died for me, and was resurrected. Our stake President was there and he was doing a special thing for the girls, and he had a big piece of plywood that was painted like a rock, and he said, "our theme up here has been kind of a rock n' roll theme, but the greatest rock to roll was the rock in front of the tomb. He then rolled his "rock" and there was a bench with white linen on it. It was overpowering the feeling that consumed me that our Savior was resurrected and that we will be to. I love girls camp and the relationships that I form there, not just with the youth and leaders, but with my Heavenly Father.
Brooke took a couple of days off to watch the kids for me and was so great. He took them to the reservoir and played with them, and set up the tent for them to sleep in outside. They had such a great time with him. Brooke's mom, Gay, also came over and watched them for a day and a half. Thanks so much Brooke and Gay for letting me go have my spiritual feast and have a great time with the youth.
No comments:
Post a Comment