Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Willow bottoms

On August 6th, we went up to the Boulder Mountain and hiked down to the Willow Bottoms.  Brooke took our water filter and we had some fresh cold water out of the mountain stream.  It was so good.  The kids loved it and I loved that we didn't have to pack water down.
 These 3 are little hikers.  They love being out in the mountains, and I love Cocoa being right there protecting them.
 Solayna is getting to big for this back pack but she still enjoys it.  She's so funny.  She'll hear me complaining about how heavy she is, and then she says, "my legs hurt mom.  I'm tired" 
 I love this picture of my little sweetie loving her dad.
 Brooke didn't get much fishing done, since he was constantly fixing up fishing poles for the kids.

 My 3 little fisherman, Brooke, Solayna and Spencer
 Spencer loves to fish and would do it everyday if he could.  The other day at school he drew this cute little picture of him fishing and wrote, "I wont to be a fisherman!"  So cute.
 Sam, Shianne and Cocoa were exploring rocks the whole time.  They made the 'land of FOO" from Leven Thumps.  They were so creative in coming up with the places they have been reading about.
 Spencer caught this awesome damselfly.
 This deer came over and started feeding.  It was so fun to watch it eat.
 I got bored of fishing and so I started playing with my camera.  I took a ton of pictures and had so much fun with the kids


 As we were getting ready to leave Brooke looked down and saw this big fish right by this log.  So they all started fishing for it, but couldn't catch it.
 Sam and Shianne showing us their land of Foo, and Solayna laying on her 'bed'
  
Fishing for another big fish they could see.

 Me and my man
 Shianne and I played with the camera while they all were trying to catch the other big fish.

 There was a beaver dam right by where we were and it was so awesome to see these huge trees cut down by beavers.

we had so much fun at the willow bottoms and plan to go back soon.

1 comment:

  1. THANKS FOR POSTING. TOM AND I REALLY ENJOYED LOOKING AT YOUR BLOG. THE WILLOW BOTTOMS TRIP LOOKS LIKE IT WAS GREAT. WISH WE COULD STILL MAKE IT THERE, BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

    ReplyDelete