Thursday, September 1, 2011

 On the 4th of July I did 5k, which is huge for me, since I'm so not a runner.  I trained for about a month and loved being able to go running at 5:30 am.  The race was supposed to start at 6:30, but didn't start until 7:30.  I was annoyed because I was starving for one thing, and another thing it was HOT by 7:30.  Anyway, I didn't push myself as much as I should have, but I did it in 30 minutes and 32 seconds.  I thought that was pretty dang good for me.  I miss running now that it is dark that early, but next year I want to do another 5K.  Brooke and the kids were so excited for me, they all came up to the school at 6:30 to see me off and waited around for an hour.  That's me in the pink shirt with black pants.

 The kids were so excited to see me coming and I was so excited to see them that when I got to where Sam was I quit running.  Brooke was yelling at me to finish,  so I looked up and noticed the finish line.  I guess I'm not to competitive, at least I wasn't with this race.  Thanks Brooke for being so proud of me and being there for me.
My T-shirt

1 comment: