For FHE, we also talked about King Benjamin, in the Book of Mormon, and how the people all came to listen to him speak, and how they traveled for days to see their prophet. When they all got to the tower, they pitched their tents with the door open toward the prophet. So we had the kids set up their tent and they got to sit in it and color their pictures. It didn't last long with them being in the tent, so we took it down on Saturday night.
I got this idea of of Sugardoodle and it was so much fun. We put different treats with words pertaining to the gospel in it. When the kids would hear that word, they would go get their treat. It was so much fun to see how often they were paying attention. One would jump up to go get it, and then the others would remember the words, and they would go get a treat also. It will definitely be a tradition in our home during conference. We switched words every session, so it kept it interesting trying to remember which words we had in our bowls.
I enjoyed watching conference this time more than anytime in my life. I loved to hear the words of our Prophet Thomas S. Monson, and the apostles. They touched my life, and I can't wait to listen to them again. I loved Elder Lynn G. Robbins talk, "to be or not to be" I need to listen to it over and over to help me become a better mother in disciplining my children. The kids were so excited when they announced that President Uchtdorf would be talking next. Sam and Shi both looked at each other and said, "YES!!!" It was so cute. I'm so thankful for a latter day Prophet who can share with us the things the Lord wants us to know at this time. I felt the spirit so many times during this conference, and I know that President Monson is a true prophet of God, and that our Heavenly Father speaks through him.
No comments:
Post a Comment