Monday, May 9, 2011

easter basket

 For Easter this year, I told our kids that the Easter Bunny wouldn't be coming to our house, since I don't do the easter bunny very well.  I think Easter should be focused on our Savior, so we told them they would be getting a present from us.  A few years ago, in Roseburg, one of my friends let me borrow her "Liken the Scriptures" and the kids loved them.  So I've been wanting to get them for about 2 years, so I looked on line and they had the whole set for a lot cheaper than you can buy them individually, so I ordered the DVD"s and the CD's.  We have listened to these CD's over and over again, and watched the movies a number of times.  We all love them, and they teach the kids scripture stories in a fun way, plus a way to liken the scriptures to our lives.  For example, they watched Esther which is about fasting.  We had talked about having a special fast for my mom, so after watching this video the kids understood a little more of what fasting is about and why it is important.  Spencer kept saying, "I'm going to fast ALL day"  I said, "We'll eat after we get home from church"  He said, "no mom, I'm fasting all day.  Esther fasted all day, so I am to"  The cute little guy.  I think he lasted until about 9:00am before he had to eat, but at least he understood the sacrifice fasting is.
 
They also got some new sand toys to play with in their sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment