The boys wanted to go out chucker hunting again, so the whole family loaded up on Saturday morning and went chucker hunting. We decided to take Percy with us this time, but the poor dog is scared to death of guns. He saw me hand Spencer the gun, and took off running back to the van. He would do fine and then would look over and see the gun and come running back to me. He needed some major reassurance at first. Brooke, Spencer, Solayna and Sam were VERY serious about finding those chuckers again. Shianne and I were a little less serious. We hiked behind them a ways and took pictures and had a great time laughing and talking together. We found the worlds largest hershey's kiss and took lots of pictures by it.
The boys and Solayna hiked forever trying to find chuckers and FINALLY found some tracks from the night before. Shianne and I got to the bottom of the hill they were on and Brooke saw us and yells excitedly, "We found some chucker tracks from last night. They went under those cliffs. They either went this way or that way." I'm not sure why but I thought it was hilarious that he was so excited about chuckers and the fact that he was yelling clear across the mountain. I'm used to hunting elk with him where we have to be super quiet, so it was quite funny. Not 3 minutes later he starts yelling the same thing, because he didn't think I had heard him since he didn't hear my response. I was laughing so hard by the time he was through yelling I couldn't even begin to answer him back, all I could say to Shi was, "I love him"
The girls and I went back to the van, because Solayna's belly was hurting her again. The boys finally gave up and came back, but we had to stop and hunt some rabbits on the way to Brooke's parents house.
No comments:
Post a Comment