Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas tree

On Black Friday, it about killed me to not go shopping with my sisters and mom this year.  Brooke had an action packed day planned for me so I wouldn't feel to bad about missing out on it.  Even though none of my sisters or my mom went I was still missing it.
We woke up and hit the road to find us the perfect Christmas tree.  Brooke has an elk hunt going on right now, so we were also looking for elk.  We didn't find any elk, but saw this nice buck and a couple of his lady friends right off the road.  It was SUPER cold that morning, and as we were driving down the road Shianne says, "look at the pretty little tree mom."   I said, OH that one is pretty.  Spencer and I got out and trudged up the snowy hill to look at it closer.  I gave Brooke the thumbs up and he came up and cut it.  So we had our tree by 8:30 am.  We drove around still looking for Elk and then stopped and had some Hot Chocolate.



 Solayna looking for elk in her dad's binoculars.
 That night we set up our Christmas decorations.  Solayna loves this Nativity that Brooke's mom gave us a few years back.  It is made of clay, therefore is kid safe. LOVE IT
 The boys pulled out a game of Battleship, and were playing so good together. 


 It was a long day for us, especially Brooke.  He was supposed to be reading books to Solayna to get her to sleep, but I think it was the other way around.
We had such a great day putting up the Christmas decorations and just being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment