Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Playing with Jazz Man

 On June 17th, the lady in charge of JR. Jazz called me and asked if I could introduce this guy that was coming from the Jazz team, since she was going to be out of town and I was one of her coaches.She told me it was a camp, and was really good and entertaining.  I said, Sure.  So the kids and I all went down to the gym in our flip flops and sandals.  I was fully expecting him to just talk to us.  We got there, I welcomed all 10 people there and then turned the time over to Nate, Jeremy's man in charge.  Nate talked to us for a little while and then we started doing some basketball drills.  Since there were so few kids there, I went out with him and started interacting with the kids.  In the end, the kids and I ended up playing a game for quite a while with him.  I was a lot of fun, and he was great at including the kids.  He would pick up the smaller guys for them to dunk it.  He tried to pick up Spencer but Spencer wouldn't let him.  Shianne and Solanya were playing for a while, but soon got bored.  Shianne took Solayna and my camera to the sidelines and took some pictures.

 After we were through playing Jeremy Evans was more winded than I was.  I looked at him and said, "your more winded than I am"  He just smiled and blamed it all the altitude.  The kids all had a great time playing with him.  Next year we will be prepared to really play and not bare foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment