On June 21st, Brooke told us we could come and meet him for work. He was doing some cross sections on a stream and that it would be a fun place for the kids. They loved it of course and were so excited to be there with their dad working. There was a "stream" about 6 inches wide and 3 inches deep that they loved playing in.
After about 2 hours the kids got tired of playing so we headed back to the van. Brooke told us just to hike to the road and there was a covert we could go through and then up to the van. Well this "covert" was a ton of fun. Holy smokes, we played here for about another 2 hours. The kids loved the mud and the echoes and the water and just everything. I of course loved the opportunity to experiment with my camera and take some fun pictures.
Solayna kept saying she wanted out but I wouldn't let her because I didn't want her all dirty too, just so she could play for a little while.
Spencer LOVED running up and down this thing, with water splashing all around him.
After I figured out we were going to be here for a while because the kids were having so much fun I let Solayna out of the backpack. She loved feeling the gushy mud between her toes.
They went outside of the covert and found some sinking mud. They would get in it and then wiggle and sink in deeper. They thought it was awesome.
I love this boy. What a handsome man, with his eyes all light up and covered in mud.
Sam and Spencer started throwing mud up the sides. SPLAT!!!
We had so much fun going to work with Brooke and playing in the covert. The kids were exhausted by the time we got through and completely filthy so they all rode home naked. What a fun messy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment