Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ice Fishing

Sam and I had to run to Cedar City to get one of his brackets put back on and we found an ice house on sale so I bought it for Brooke for Valentines day.  Knowing he wanted to go ice fishing on  Sat. I gave it to him early.
 It was supposed to be a gorgeous day, but it turned out cold and windy.  I guess it shouldn't be anything new since it is Fishlake.  Anyway, I was so glad we had that ice shack.  Solayna and Spencer both fell in a hole so they were soaked.  Spencer fell in and Brooke and I both watched him, so I went over to him, and he was sitting down and just looked up at me.  I said, "Did you just fall in"  He said, "I'm fishing"  I said, did you get soaked?  Are your pants wet under your snow suit?"  He said," I'm fine, I'm fishing"  What a true fisherman.  He was soaked, but  was still out there without a coat on and sticking his hands in the ice cold water to get the ice out.  He's nuts.  
Shianne, Solayna and I don't really love the fishing part of it, but do it because we love our boys. I mean what female loves to walk 200 yards in 8 inches of snow just to get to a bathroom that is locked. Shianne started teaching Solayna how to make snow angels.  After Solayna fell in the hole she pulled a fish out, and then we went in the ice shack.  Shianne had been at a party late the night before, so she was exhausted.  She and Solayna fell asleep in the shack.  It was so nice and warm in there.  Brooke and the boys caught a few fish, and we all had a great time.













No comments:

Post a Comment