Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa are home

My Parents have been serving a LDS mission for the last 18 months in Vanuatu and on March 1st the flew into St. George.   I'm so glad we were able to be there when they flew in.  On the way to the airport my kids were so excited and my boys were in the back talking about when they go on their mission how it's going to be.  I was an amazing to experiance to sit at the airport with my family in anticipation of my parents coming home.  The kids were all gathered around the windows for about 10 ,minutes just waiting for the plane to land.

 My Uncle Loraine, the man who raised my mom.  He is an amazing man.



 The plane has landed!!!!
 Waiting with their signs.  My parents got off of the plane and came and stood about 20 feet from where we were but they couldn't see us.  All of my nieces and nephews were screaming, but they couldn't hear us either and weren't sure where to go.  My older nieces started pounding on the glass and my mom looked up and her face said it all.  The smile was HUGE when she saw us all.
 I hate that this picture is blurry, but I had to put it because of that smile and excitement on my mom's face.I think she missed us a little.

 Grandma and Grandpa with their grandkids.
 Showing off their tans on their feet.  They wore sandals constantly.
 The attitude of the girls.  They all had so much fun together.
My mom and her sibilings that were at the airport.

I'm so glad that my parents are home safe and I'm expecially grateful for their mission.The people of Vanuatu didn't have much when it comes to wordly things, but they had what makes them happy.  They appreciated the gospel so much and sometimes would walk for hours to just go to their meetings.  What examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment