Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Scorpion

 

I cleaned my boys room so clean Shianne said, "it looks like it did when we moved in"  I know pretty exciting stuff huh.  It took me ALL day long to clean that room.  I took all of their toys and their shorts out to the boxcar, since fall is definitely here.  Sam, after school was in his room dancing around in circles with his arms spread out yelling, "I love my room clean!"  Spencer went to put away his clean laundry and he came back in and said, "Thank you thank you for cleaning my room."  Anyway, it was and is awesome to have their room clean.  I think it drove them nuts, they just didn't know it. 

Anyway, Sam had a great day.  He did everything we asked, he was in a good mood and just my sweet Sam.  It was wonderful.  He came outside and helped me pick peaches and then went to Young Mens with Brooke.  I took Shianne, Spencer, and Solayna with me to young womens.  Anyway, Brooke got home about 5 minutes before we did, and when we walked in the door, Sam met us there telling us that there was a scorpion in our house and it pinched him.  I went in to where Brooke was and he just looked at me with a concerned look and confirmed what Sam had said.  He had caught the scorpion and was putting it with alcohol.  Brooke proceeded to tell me, (once the kids left the room) that he was sure it had stung Sam but Sam was freaking out so he told him that it just pinched him.  Sam then calmed down and quite screaming and crying.  Anyway, we think when I was cleaning out the boys room that I probably brought it out into our front room.  It was right where I had put everything from their room, so it makes sense. Anyway, the story goes like this.  Sam and Brooke had just got home, Sam took off his shoes and went in to use the bathroom.  That was the only light on, and Sam came out of the bathroom telling Brooke why it had been a perfect day when all of a sudden he started screaming.  Brooke was like, "Did you step on a goat head or what?"  Then Sam looked and saw this thing running across the floor.  Brooke saw it to and said it took him a minute to realize it was a scorpion.  Once Sam figured out what it was he started screaming like crazy.  Just the other day we watched "the sting of the scorpion" on lds.org.  That video is pretty intense as it shows a 7 year old getting stung by this HUGE scorpion and then his parents rushing him to the hospital.  I think that scared Sam more than anything. It makes me absolutely sick.  Once we got the kids to settle down and get in bed, I got online and started researching.  I came across the Arizona Bark Scorpion, which is a super poisonous scorpion, and lives in SW Utah.  I was sick as could be, because it looked just like the one we caught.  So Brooke got on the phone with a guy he works with and Terry (the guy) said we don't have the Bark Scorpions here, just ones that weren't to poisonous.  We watched Sam just to make sure he wasn't going to have an allergic reaction to it.  We both checked his breathing before we went to bed.  We were both a little nervous.  Anyway, we had quite a night.  Poor Sam didn't sleep to good last night, as you can imagine.  He said he was just excited to picture what his friend Cody would say when he told him he got stung.  Cody has pet scorpions, so Sam was excited to show him the dead one.  He took it to school with him this morning.  He acts fine and says it doesn't hurt, so I am very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment